Serco Shore Electrician - Omaha, NE NC52583193 in Offutt Afb, Nebraska
Shore Electrician - Omaha, NE NC52583193 Offutt Afb, NE, US
Job Description The Shore Electrician supports electrical installations and modifications in a new Command and Control (C2) facility. Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, and maintains electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Directs and leads the work of others.
A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
May involve work outside of normal duty hours.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum active SECRET clearance; preference given to candidates holding TS w/ SSBI
- Electrician’s license from a state or territory of the United States that is valid in Nebraska.
- Four (4) years of experience in shore electrical wiring installations, to include: experience in installing power panels, electrical outlets, circuit breakers, and EMT conduit
- Three (3) years of experience installing electrical wiring for DoD Communications or Electronics Facilities
- High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70)
- In-depth knowledge the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E)
- In-depth knowledge of the electrical guidance in the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook
Other Qualifications: - This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52583193
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000