Serco Maintenance Trade Helper - Omaha, NE NC52583836 in Offutt Afb, Nebraska
Maintenance Trade Helper - Omaha, NE NC52583836 Offutt Afb, NE, US
Job Description The Maintenance Trade Helper supports an engineering and technician team installing cabling, communications infrastructure and equipment in a new Command and Control (C2) facility. Assists with the fabrication and assembly of various electromechanical and electronic assemblies. Performs duties as a fire watch, security escort and welder's helper as well as assembling large scale and intricate mechanical assemblies.
Receives technical guidance from supervisor or higher level technician and work is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Information Technology field. Works under immediate supervision. May require work outside of normal duty hours.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum active TOP SECRET clearance w/ SSBI
- High School Diploma or GED and 0-2 years related experience
- Shipyard Competent Person Certification
- Man Aloft Certification (Climber Certification)
- Driver’s License
- CPR Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to learn a trade (painting, pipe fitting, etc.)
Other Qualifications: - This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52583836
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000