Serco Laborer - Omaha, NE NC52583191 in Offutt Afb, Nebraska
Laborer - Omaha, NE NC52583191 Offutt Afb, NE, US
Job Description The Laborer supports an engineering and technician team installing cabling, communications infrastructure and equipment in a new Command and Control (C2) facility.
Performs general manual labor including loading, unloading, lifting and moving supplies and materials. Must perform duties as a fire watch, security escort and welder's helper as well as install electric and signal cabling when needed. Works under immediate supervision.
Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Entry level.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum active TOP SECRET clearance w/ SSBI
- High School Diploma or GED
- Shipyard Competent Person Certification
- Man Aloft Certification (Climber Certification)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, good physical fitness, a good sense of balance, and an ability to work as a member of a team
- Capable of lifting and carrying objects weighing up to seventy pounds and of spending up to eight hours per day performing physical demanding work
- Be must able to: o Load and unload trucks o Use wheelbarrows and hand trucks o Stack materials up to five feet high o Dig, fill, tamp, and level earth excavations using hand tools o Cut trees and brush o Move and arrange heavy pieces of electronic equipment, office furniture, and appliances - with assistance from other laborers o Pull cable under supervision o Climb ladders o Position, join, align, wrap and seal pipe and conduit sections. o Place and test plastic conduit for electrical and communications cable, when the conduit is buried underground. o If properly trained, operate light machinery, equipment, and power tools. o Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52583191
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000