Serco Infrastructure/C2 Technician 5 / Install Shore Lead - Omaha, NE NC52583209 in Offutt Afb, Nebraska
Infrastructure/C2 Technician 5 / Install Shore Lead - Omaha, NE NC52583209 Offutt Afb, NE, US
Job Description The Infrastructure/C2 Technician 5 oversees all aspects of cable plant and Command and Control (C2) system installation at a new C2 facility and remote locations.
This is a working lead position, with the lead actively participating in all required work.
Oversees and participates in installation, termination, and testing including but not limited to: fiber optic (including MTP/MPO) cabling, copper cabling, cabinets, cable pathways, fire stopping pathways. Maintains the accuracy of installed cabling, consistency of labeling of cables and ensures the quality of the finished installation.
Validates drawing package details, red-lining as appropriate, for all connections needed to complete the final installation. Implements the installation directions of the Government project engineer for the system and provides day-to-day direction to the installation team.
Adheres to all relevant guidance documentation.
Delivers a completed installed space, with all installation materials removed, equipment properly mounted and cabling installed, tested, dressed and neat so that life-cycle sustainment cost is reduced. May involve work outside of normal duty hours and some travel.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Active SECRET clearance; preference given to candidates holding TS w/ SSBI
- Must have current BICSI Technician Certification
- Six (6) years’ experience installing projects with a budget in excess of $100,000 that includes system designed and installed to support classified data transmission and processing
- Six (6) years’ experience producing, reviewing and correcting red-line drawings and for delivery of as-built documentation.
- Six (6) years’ experience identifying and correcting installation errors like incorrect wiring or standards violation.
- Three (3) years’ experience working with testing and measuring equipment to include testing both copper and fiber cables using Fluke Versiv devices
- Experience in overseeing the installation and dressing of cables and cords
- Six (6) years’ experience in cable termination and testing using common testing devices
- At least twelve (12) years of practical experience as an installer of Shore C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers. The experience must include at least six (6) years of experience installing C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and include at least three years of experience working on US Navy Shore C4ISR installations.
- Must have one of the following: o An Associate Degree or Higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology or Information Technology o Completed of four (4) years of U.S. military service with one of the following technical ratings - Electronics Technician with Advanced Training, Interior Communication (IC) with Advanced Training, Information System Technician (IT), Radioman (RM) (legacy rating), or Data System Technician (DS) (legacy rating). o Completed of a formal two year or more contractor apprenticeship in a related field that included at least six months of formal classroom training that addressed electrical circuit theory, electromagnetic radiation, and other disciplines related to C4ISR installations.
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
Desire one or more of the following: - Current BICSI Installer 2, Copper Certification - Current BICSI Installer 2, Optical Fiber Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effectively lead a crew of other installers in the completion of single site installations
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of the Shore Installation Process Handbook
- Effectively brief site personnel on the installation status and on future plans for completing the installation
- Understand and correctly red-line as-built drawings
- Locate and correct installation errors like standards violations and incorrect wiring
Other Qualifications: - This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52583209
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000