Serco Infrastructure/C2 Technician 4 / Shore Senior Install - Omaha, NE NC52583195 in Offutt Afb, Nebraska
Infrastructure/C2 Technician 4 / Shore Senior Install - Omaha, NE NC52583195 Offutt Afb, NE, US
Job Description The Infrastructure/C2 Technician 4 executes the installation of infrastructure, cabling and Command and Control (C2) systems in a new C2 Facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: installation of equipment, infrastructure and cabling. Cable installation includes cable routing, placement, dressing, termination and testing of fiber (including MTP/MPO) and shielded copper for IT, communications, audio, video, network and control systems.
Validates drawing package details, red-lining as appropriate, for all connections needed to complete the final installation.
Maintains the accuracy of installed cabling and consistency of labeling applicable to those cables (i.e. the correct labels are affixed to all cables) during the installation process. May involve work outside of normal duty hours and some travel.
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Required Skills Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum active SECRET clearance; preference given to candidates holding TS w/ SSBI
- Must have current BICSI Installer 2, Copper Certification AND current BICSI Installer 2, Optical Fiber Certification; Alternatively, BICSI Technician in lieu of Installer 2 Copper and Installer 2 Fiber
- Three (3) years’ experience installing projects with a budget in excess of $100,000 that includes system designed and installed to support classified data transmission and processing
- Three (3) years’ experience producing, reviewing and correcting red-line drawings and for delivery of as-built documentation
- Three (3) years’ experience identifying and correcting installation errors like incorrect wiring or standards violation
- Experience working with testing and measuring equipment to include testing both copper and fiber cables using Fluke Versiv devices
- Experience in overseeing the installation and dressing of cables and cords
- Three (3) years’ experience in cable termination and testing using common testing devices
- Ten (10) years of practical experience as an installer of Shore C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers. The experience must include at least six (6) years of experience installing C4ISR equipment for the DoD and include at least three (3) years of experience working on US Navy Shore C4ISR installations
- Must have one or more of the following: o An Associate’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or Information Technology o Completion of four (4) years of U.S. military service with one of the following technical ratings - Electronics Technician with Advanced Training, Interior Communication (IC) with Advanced Training, Information System Technician (IT), Radioman (RM) (legacy rating), or Data System Technician (DS) (legacy rating) o Completion of a formal two year or more contractor apprenticeship in a related field that included at least six months of formal classroom training that addressed electrical circuit theory, electromagnetic radiation, and other disciplines related to C4ISR installations.
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Desire BICSI Technician Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understand and comply with drawings completed in accordance with the SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Highly skilled and experienced in the safe, effective, and efficient use of common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills (including hammer drills), hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders
- Demonstrate a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance to standards
- Demonstrate advanced speed and accuracy when performing tasks such as attaching fiber optic connectors, RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors
- Demonstrate above average speed and skill when performing tasks such as dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well-organized and professional appearance
- Skilled in the operation of all commonly used installation test equipment. This includes spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, VSWR meters, Bit-Error-Rate Test Sets, and Category 5e/6 cable testers
Other Qualifications: - This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Job ID 52583195
Company Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional Area IT Infrastructure
Department Serco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
- -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-997-3726 or 703-263-6000. You may also e-mail us at.© 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-997-3726).703-263-6000